One of the nurses at work gave me this recipe several years ago and it fast became a favorite in our family! It’s different from the usual breakfast casserole because you make little mini ham and cheese sandwiches and then turn them into a yummy casserole dish. I love Hawaiian rolls, too, which is what you use to make the little sliders. You’ve got to give this recipe a try! It’s super easy to do and is a great dish to take to potlucks and family gatherings. I know it’ll become a favorite with your family, too!
HAM AND CHEESE BREAKFAST SLIDER CASSEROLE
- 2 pkgs. Kings Hawaiian rolls (12 rolls to a pack)
- 1 lb. shaved ham
- 1 lb. swiss cheese (can substitute provolone or white cheddar)
- 2 sticks butter
- 2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. dried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13-inch pyrex glass baking dish.
- Cut all the rolls in half and place the bottom halves into the prepared baking dish.
- Top the bottoms of the rolls with ham, then the cheese.
- Place the top halves of the rolls onto the sliders.
- Cover pyrex dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- While sandwiches are baking, make sauce by melting together the butter, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and dried onions in a bowl in the microwave.
- Take casserole from oven and remove foil.
- Pour sauce evenly all over the sliders.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered another 5-8 minutes.