I got the inspiration to make these appetizers from the Pillsbury website. My family has been making crab salad for years, though we always serve it as an appetizer in a bowl with crackers on the side. When I saw the photo on Pillsbury, I thought how perfect it would be to wrap our family’s crab salad in crescent roll dough and bake it, instead of doing the same old, same old. It turned out great! And looks so pretty, too!
CRAB SALAD CRESCENT APPETIZERS
- 1 pkg. imitation crab meat, chopped
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ½ pkg. (4 ozs.) cream cheese, softened (optional)
- 1 large shallot, finely minced (can substitute ¼ small onion)
- 1 stalk green onion, green and white part, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix imitation crab, mayonnaise, cream cheese, shallot, green onion, worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until well combined.
- Unroll dough on work surface and pinch seams to seal.
- Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon crab salad onto center of square.
- Pull opposite corners on each side up over filling and let points meet in center.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.