I love the all-you-can-eat Soup & Salad combo at Olive Garden Restaurant. The salad is always fresh and their soups are to die for. My absolute favorite is Zuppa Toscana, or as my family calls it, “the white soup.” It’s rich and hearty with chunks of italian sausage and potatoes, interspersed with bits of healthy kale. But the best part of all is how surprisingly easy it is to make. Give it a try and you’ll see what I mean.
- ½ lb. spicy Italian sausage
- 2¾ cups chicken stock or broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 medium russet potato
- 2 cups chopped kale
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sauté the sausage in a soup pot and drain off excess oil.
- Add the stock and cream to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Slice the unpeeled potato into ¼-inch thick slices, then quarter the slices and add them to the soup.
- Bring back up to a simmer, then add the kale.
- Stir in the salt and red pepper flakes, and let the soup continue to simmer on medium, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender.