I stumbled across this recipe on justapinch.com. They have some great recipes on their website and this one was no exception. This yummy, vegetarian appetizer is great to serve at a party or take to a potluck. You can substitute lowfat cream cheese if you want to cut down on the fat. These colorful rolls look so pretty arranged on a platter. And the best part is….. they’re super easy to make!
VEGGIE CREAM CHEESE ROLL-UPS
- 6 eight-inch flour tortillas (can use wheat, spinach, or tomato tortillas)
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope ranch dressing or dip mix
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- ½ small can (4.25 oz.) chopped black olives
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- Beat cream cheese and ranch mix together until smooth and well-blended.
- Stir in chopped vegetables with a rubber spatula.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over tortillas.
- Roll up tortillas into logs and wrap each log in plastic wrap.
- Place tortilla logs in fridge to chill for at least 3 hours to set.
- Slice tortillas into ½-inch rounds before serving.
- Can be served with salsa as a dip.
- I don’t like a lot of olives in these rolls so I only use half a small can. Feel free to use the whole can if you like.