We’re having another potluck at work tomorrow so I thought I would fix these to take to the office. Crockpot meatballs with grape jelly and some other ingredient is one of those recipes that’s been around for years and everyone has their own version of. My version can be fixed mild or spicy (which my Old Goat loves). It’s great because it’s super easy to do. Just mix all the ingredients in your slow cooker and turn it on. If I’m around, I’ll occasionally stir the meatballs, but if I’m out or asleep, then I don’t bother.
This recipe makes a lot of meatballs – perfect for a party or a potluck. I get the big bag of frozen meatballs from Costco. If you want to make less, you can cut the recipe in half or one-third. Also, to make your meatballs really spicy, omit the chili sauce and use 3 bottles of hot & spicy ketchup. If you want it medium spicy, use 2 bottles hot & spicy ketchup and 1 bottle chili sauce. If you prefer it mild like my kids do, then follow the recipe below.
SLOW COOKER SWEET & SPICY PARTY MEATBALLS
- 1 bag (6 lbs.) frozen meatballs
- 1 bottle (14 ozs.) Heinz hot & spicy tomato ketchup
- 2 bottles (12 ozs. each) chili sauce
- 1 jar (32 ozs.) grape jelly
- In the bowl of a 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together spicy ketchup, chili sauce and grape jelly.
- Pour in frozen meatballs and stir until meatballs are coated with sauce.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.