This is one of the easiest chicken dishes you can make. My local grocery stocks jars of black bean garlic sauce, but you can also find it in Asian food stores. Black bean sauce is a common condiment in Chinese cuisine. It’s made from fermented black soy beans and is really delicious, though extremely salty so use it sparingly. A little does go a long way with black bean sauce. It’s best to start with a tablespoon at a time, tasting and adding a little more at the end if you need to.
STIR-FRY CHICKEN IN BLACK BEAN SAUCE
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in cubes
- ½ small onion, cut into a half-inch dice
- 1 bell pepper, cut into a half-inch dice
- 3 tbsp. black bean garlic sauce, or to taste
- Heat a little bit of cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add chicken and 1 tablespoon black bean sauce and stir fry until chicken is half cooked.
- Add onions and 1 more tablespoon black bean sauce, continuing to stir fry for another minute.
- Finally add bell pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon black bean sauce, and stir fry until bell pepper is crisp-tender.
- Taste for seasoning, and stir in a little more black bean sauce if desired.
- Serve with hot white rice.