This is a play on the old standby meatball recipe made with grape jelly and barbecue sauce that you find on Welch’s and Sweet Baby Ray’s websites. Mixing grape jelly and barbecue sauce, or grape jelly and any other kind of sauce, is a fairly common way to fix slow cooker meatballs in the U.S. For this recipe, I used a sweet and spicy barbecue sauce and added minced garlic for an added level of flavor.
SLOW COOKER SPICY GARLIC MEATBALLS
- 2-3 lbs. frozen meatballs
- 2½ cups grape jelly
- 1 bottle (18 ozs.) spicy barbecue sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Mix grape jelly, barbeque sauce, and garlic together in a slow cooker.
- Add meatballs and stir till meatballs are well-coated with sauce.
- Cook on high for 3 to 3½ hours, stirring the meatballs halfway through the cooking time.