Vickie, one of my officemates, brought in some little olive sandwiches and I got to try one. Delicious! I thought they would be perfect to serve at my Mother’s Day Tea Party. She told me what all she put in hers (cream cheese, garlic powder, a little ranch dressing….) but I can’t remember what all the ingredients were that she used and I didn’t write anything down so I decided to try and make my own version when I got home. My sandwiches are simpler with less ingredients in the filling, but I think they came out just as good.
OLIVE TEA SANDWICHES
- 1 pkg. (8 ozs.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped pimiento-stuffed Spanish olives
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. olive juice
- 1 loaf soft white or wheat bread
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, olives, pecans, and olive juice.
- Cut crusts off bread.
- Make sandwiches with olive filling.
- Cut sandwiches into little shapes.