This dip has been a long time favorite in my family. It’s very, very easy to make because you just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and microwave it! It’s a great appetizer for a Cinco de Mayo party. I you want to make this meatless, you can omit the bacon. I think it’s fine without it, but my kids swear it tastes better with bacon. Either way, you’ve got to give this recipe a try. You won’t be sorry. Make sure you serve it warm!
WARM MEXICORN DIP
- 4 cans (11 ozs. each) Green Giant mexi-corn, drained well
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 of a 16-oz. container sour cream
- 16 ozs. shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 or 4 green onion stalks, chopped (depends on how big they are)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices bacon, fried crispy and crumbled
- Mix all the ingredients in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave until hot and bubbly, stopping to stir halfway through (about 5 minutes).
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.