My friend, Pooh, was at Trader Joe’s when they were handing out samples of these rolls. She loved them so much, she asked the lady how she made them, then wasted no time picking up all the ingredients to try making them herself once she got home. She then came over to my house and taught me how to make them.
These rolls make a great appetizer for parties or family gatherings. All the ingredients to make them come from Trader Joe’s but you could really buy them anywhere (except for the green dragon sauce). You can cut the recipe in half if you don’t want to make so many rolls.
GREEN DRAGON CHICKEN ROLLS
- 1 bag (1 lb. 12 oz.) frozen breaded chicken
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, then crumbled
- 1 cup sour cream, plus extra to use as “glue”
- 2 – 8 Tbsp. Trader Joe’s Green Dragon hot sauce
- ½ small head of lettuce, very thinly sliced
- 1 pkg. (6 sheets) lavash flatbread
- Bake breaded chicken according to package directions.
- Let cool completely, then chop into little pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and green dragon sauce. Start with two tablespoons green dragon sauce and keep adding, a tablespoon at a time, till it’s as hot as you like. Three tablespoons is plenty hot for me.
- Toss chopped chicken, crumbled bacon, sour cream mixture, and lettuce together in a large bowl.
- Place a sheet of lavash bread down on your work surface.
- Mound 1/6 of chicken mixture down one long edge of lavash.
- Smear about an inch wide of sour cream along opposite edge. This acts as the “glue” to seal the roll closed.
- Roll lavash up tightly beginning at side with chicken mixture and ending at side with sour cream, pressing edge to seal well.
- Repeat with remaining lavash and chicken mixture.
- Wrap each roll in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Slice into 3/4-inch thick slices and serve.
NOTE: If you can’t get Green Dragon sauce, substitute some other hot sauce like Sriracha. You can also substitute tortillas for the lavash.