This is an old Pampered Chef recipe that I learned to make many years ago. It’s very easy to do because the crust is made from refrigerated cookie dough. You can lay the fruit in any pattern or design you want. It makes a very pretty presentation and is sure to wow your dinner guests when you serve it. Little do they know how simple it was to make!
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 box (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 4 cups assorted fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, peaches, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the crust, shape the cookie dough into a ball.
- Place ball in center of a cookie sheet or pizza pan and flatten it lightly with the palm of your hand.
- Roll out the dough to a 12-inch circle using a lightly floured rolling pin.
- Bake the sugar cookie crust for 18-20 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the top of the cookie crust.
- Arrange fruit over the cream cheese mixture in any design or pattern you want.
NOTE: For a large 16-inch pizza like the one I have pictured, just double the recipe.
Here’s a picture of another one I made for a different occasion. As you can see, the design possibilities are endless with all the fruit combinations you can come up with.