This recipe makes a delicious breakfast casserole. If you’re looking for something filling and easy to prepare, you need look no further than this rich and creamy dish. The recipe is very good as is, but I’ve often thought I would like to try adding some sliced mushrooms or diced red bell peppers to it. I might still try doing that one of these days.
CRESCENT SAUSAGE BREAKFAST SQUARES
- 1 lb. bulk breakfast sausage (pork or turkey)
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, cut in pieces
- 2 stalks green onions, chopped
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- In a small pot, brown sausage; drain well.
- Stir in cream cheese and green onion, and continue to cook until cream cheese is completely melted.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Unroll one package of crescent rolls and place in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- With your fingers, gently pinch and press the seams together to seal them.
- Spread the sausage mixture evenly over the crescent dough in the baking dish.
- Unroll the remaining package of crescent rolls, place on top a sheet of wax paper, and pinch and press the seams together to seal.
- Flip the wax paper with the crescent dough over the sausage mixture and carefully peel the wax paper away.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut into small squares and serve.