I saw a recipe for these roll-ups in a magazine years ago. I don’t remember which magazine it was, but I always remembered them and had it in the back of my mind to try them some day. Well, my Mom was here to visit and I wanted to fix her a cup of coffee and an afternoon snack to go with it so I thought it would be good to try making them today. I couldn’t find the recipe I copied down all those years ago, but I had a general idea of what to do. They turned out really yummy! Definitely one for the family favorite archives!
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE ROLLUPS
- 1 loaf white bread
- 1 pkg. (8 ozs.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup melted butter or margarine (add more as needed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut crusts off bread and save for later use. (I love making bread pudding with them.)
- Blend cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spread a little cream cheese mixture on each slice of bread.
- Roll each slice into a log, pressing ends lightly to seal.
- Pour melted butter into a pie plate.
- In a second pie plate, combine 1 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll each log in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar.
- Arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes or until light brown.