It’s Super Bowl weekend this weekend! My Old Goat can hardly wait. His favorite team, the San Francisco 49ers, are playing. He’s going to be glued to the TV all day so I’ve planned a few appetizers and tailgate party dishes for him to nosh on while he enjoys the game.
I learned to make this recipe from my sister, Helen, who is a great cook and an amazing hostess. She was living in Ohio and during one of our frequent phone calls, she told me about this recipe that was perfect for football parties. I decided to give it a try and have been making it for Superbowl Sunday ever since. Not only is it deliciously addicting, but it’s super easy to prepare. All it takes is three ingredients. Now what could be simpler than that?
WARM CHEESY SALSA DIP
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large jar (24 oz.) of your favorite chunky salsa (I used Pace Chunky Salsa)
- 1 box (1 lb.) of Velveeta cheese
- In a small saucepan, brown the ground beef and drain off the fat.
- Stir in the whole jar of salsa. You can use mild, medium or hot depending on how spicy you want it.
- Cut the cheese into cubes and add it to the beef and salsa mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheese is completely melted.
- Transfer mixture to a small crockpot and set on Warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips.