This recipe for cheese crostini is so simple to make and takes hardly any time. If you’re looking for a nice accompaniment to a crisp salad or a hearty bowl of soup, you need look no further than this recipe.
These crostinis are great served warm from the oven. But let them cool down for a few minutes before serving so you don’t burn the roof of your mouth. When I pull these out of the oven, the family can hardly wait for them to get to the table. I have to slap away the hands trying to sneak one off the baking sheet!
- 1 loaf (1 lb.) Italian or french bread, sliced
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 packet (.7 ozs.) Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella (or other white cheese like monterey jack)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, salad dressing mix and cheese together in a medium bowl.
- Spread over bread slices.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops begin to brown
NOTE: I like Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix, but you really could use any brand you like.