When Spunky was born, I hired a girl named Angela to help me around the house. She came from war-torn Nicaragua where she grew up in an orphanage run by nuns. She didn’t cook, but there was one thing that she did make and that was this banana bread. Angela told me that the nuns taught her how to make it and she shared the recipe with me. It’s the simplest recipe to make and the bread turns out super moist and delicious.
SUPER MOIST BANANA BREAD
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8×4-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, melt butter and water together in microwave.
- Pour into flour mixture and mix well.
- Add mashed bananas, beaten eggs, and vanilla, stirring until well combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
NOTE: Old Goat always wants nuts in his banana bread. If you want nuts in yours, feel free to stir 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans into the batter. This bread is also good with 1/2 cup chocolate chips stirred into the batter before baking.