The first time I tried artichoke dip was at a restaurant in San Francisco. It was to die for. They served it with thin, crispy tortilla chips. The dip was warm, cheesy, gooey, in short, everything you want in a dip. One bite and I was a fan for life.
This dip is easy to prepare. If you have a food processor, you could throw everything except the artichoke hearts in there and get it all blended together. Then add the artichoke hearts last and pulse them a few times so they’re chopped but not mush. Scrape it all into your gratin dish and bake.
HOT ARTICHOKE DIP
- 1 pkg. (8 ozs.) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (14 ozs.) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in mayonnaise until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir together well.
- Transfer mixture to a pie plate or shallow gratin dish.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until mixture is bubbling and top is golden brown.
- Serve hot with bread, crackers, tortilla chips, or veggies.