I was watching The Kitchen on Food TV last week and I saw Katie Lee make this pulled pork recipe. It looked delicious so I decided to try making it for Superbowl Sunday. It was really good. I served it in dinner rolls topped with coleslaw for yummy sliders. I liked it because it was different from the usual barbecue pulled pork. I think this recipe will become a family favorite. I’m definitely going to be making it again!
SLOW COOKER HAWAIIAN PULLED PORK`
- 5 lbs. boneless pork butt or shoulder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 can (8 ozs.) crushed pineapple
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- In a small bowl, mix the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the pork.
- Put the pork in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the pork with 2 forks, removing any large pieces of fat.
- Pour the broth into a fat separator or skim off the fat.
- In a bowl, whisk 2 cups of the skimmed broth with the crushed pineapple, hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, and vinegar.
- Put the pork back in the slow cooker and stir in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 1 more hour.
- Serve the pulled pork on Hawaiian buns topped with coleslaw.
[Adapted from Food TV]