Everybody knows Pillsbury’s famous Taco Crescent Ring. Well, this is a play on that recipe but made into a yummy breakfast dish. I just love crescent roll dough, don’t you? It’s so versatile and you can do so much with it from sweet desserts to savory meals. This recipe is really easy to put together and is great for a breakfast or brunch shindig.
CRESCENT BREAKFAST WREATH
- 1 can (8-ozs.) crescent roll dough
- breakfast meat: ½ lb. bulk breakfast sausage, browned; or ½ lb. ham, chopped; or 8 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green or red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen hash browns
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, colby, monterey jack, or any kind you like)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. (I didn’t have any so I used waxed paper.)
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight triangles.
- Arrange triangles in a circle on prepared cookie sheet with the short ends of the triangles towards the center and overlapping a little, and the long ends pointing outwards to form a sun shape.
- Fry the onions, bell pepper, and hash browns in a large frying pan until potatoes begin to brown.
- Remove from heat, add cooked meat to hash brown mixture and stir together well.
- Scramble the eggs in a skillet until eggs are almost cooked but still moist.
- Stir scrambled eggs into hash brown mixture.
- Spoon filling over overlapping portion of crescent rolls, using your hands to help press and shape the filling into a ring.
- Pull points of triangles up over filling and tuck under dough in center to form a ring.
- Carefully sprinkle cheese over top of ring.
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crescent rolls are golden brown.
- Cool slightly to allow filling to set.
- Slice into wedges and serve.
NOTE: To transfer the wreath to a serving platter, carefully run a spatula between the ring and the parchment paper to separate them, then slide the wreath onto the platter.