I haven’t made these muffins in a long time. I don’t really know why. Maybe because my kids are grown up now? But when they were younger, I made these muffins a lot. The kids really loved them. They’re great for breakfast, brunch, or an after school snack. They’re also great packed for dessert in a school lunchbox. I love them warm with an ice cold glass of milk. Mmmmm………
- 1½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- extra melted butter for topping
- Mix flour, oats, and ¾ cup sugar together.
- In another bowl, mix egg, butter, vanilla, and milk together.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Fill 12 muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400ºF for 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- While muffins are baking, mix ¼ cup sugar and cinnamon together for topping.
- When muffins are done, brush tops with a little melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar topping mixture.