Old Goat loves Caesar Salad. He could eat it every week! Thankfully, it’s very easy to make. All you need is some romaine lettuce, a few croutons, fresh parmesan cheese, et voilà! The secret is in the delicious dressing which in some fancy restaurants, is served with quite a bit of fanfare as the waiter expertly prepares your dressing tableside.
Traditionally, caesar dressing is made with raw egg yolks. But if you’re worried about the safety of using raw eggs, then this is the recipe for you! I started doing the dressing this way because there’s no raw egg in it. Instead it uses mayonnaise so it’s safe for the whole family.
CAESAR MAYONNAISE DRESSING
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, mash the minced garlic and salt together into a paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk all together until well combined.
- Toss dressing with romaine lettuce.
NOTE: This dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to a week.