I found another use for my isot pepper! I’ve been trying to think what else I could use it for ever since I bought it to make the pork stir fry. Well, I made chorizo con papas (Mexican chorizo with potatoes) for breakfast a few days ago and wanted to serve it with some toast. We often make buttered toast simply seasoned with salt and pepper. I use a good quality salt and fresh cracked black pepper to season the toast. So I thought, why not try the isot pepper? Delicious!
I don’t have any measurements for this recipe. Just slice however many slices of toast you want to serve, butter them with as much butter as you want, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
BUTTERED SEASONED TOAST
- 1 loaf french or italian bread
- unsalted butter
- good salt (I like Maldon sea salt)
- isot pepper (or any fresh cracked black pepper)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the loaf of bread into slices as thick or thin as you want.
- Butter each slice and place on a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt; then sprinkle with pepper to taste.
- Bake until the slices are golden brown. How long this takes depends on your oven.
- Serve hot.