I created this sauce to serve with my Coffee Panna Cotta but it could be used as a sauce for ice cream, chocolate soufflé, pound cake, or anything else you might want to serve with a dessert sauce. I cook it just until it’s heated through and the cream cheese is completely dissolved. If it comes to a boil, take it off the heat. I wouldn’t let it cook for too long or it might become too thick to pour.
COFFEE CREAM SAUCE
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 8-oz. box cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. instant espresso or coffee granules
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
- Place all ingredients except the butter into a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously with a wire whisk, until mixture is smooth and well blended. You don’t need to bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Cool completely before serving.
NOTE: You can store this sauce for up to a week in the refrigerator but it will thicken when it’s chilled. To use, warm it for 30 seconds or so in the microwave. If it’s still too thick, stir in a little cream or milk until it reaches a pourable consistency.