I love corn. I love it boiled, baked, grilled, on the cob, off the cob, plain, or with butter and seasonings. Any way you fix it, it’s all yummy to me. And I found a really easy way to shuck corn that gets rid of every bit of silk, too. You can watch how to do it here. Who knew?
I first tried this salad at a party at my sister’s house. It was made by Nadja, a friend of my sister, who got the original recipe from Epicurious. It’s easy and delicious. The lime juice imparts a bright flavor that’s so refreshing on a hot summer’s day. It’s no wonder this tasty salad has fast become a family favorite.
FRESH CORN SALAD
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels, cut from cob
- 1 avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- juice of 1 whole lime
- grated lime zest from the lime
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Combine corn, avocado, tomatoes, red onion and cilantro in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
P.S. – You’re right, there is NO avocado in the salads pictured. I completely forgot to add the avocado before I took the photos and after I tossed the avocado in, the family devoured the salad before I could take new pictures. Sigh…. Oh well…. You get the picture (pun intended).